Homeschool Musings of a Charlotte Mason Mom

Welcome to my Homeschool Musings of a Charlotte Mason Mom

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Devotional Reminder for me Today

    So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, we are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

               Luke 17:10

  Just thinking after reading some scripture that we have duties as Christians. After I have been the wife I should be, loving and honoring my husband, respecting him in all things, brought my children up in fear and admiration of the Lord, teaching them at home that they might become a child of His and walk in His ways, committing my home into full control of God, I am still only an unprofitable servant performing my duty.
     I must be a good soldier and perform my duties, but in reality, He did it all at the cross. After all that He has done for me and the entire world, all that I do is still nothing but an unprofitable servant, striving to make it in. My righteousness is but filthy rags riding on the mercies of my Lord and Savior.
     I serve a mighty and merciful God. My mistakes are many, but thank goodness, He is quick to forgive. What a mighty God I have!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...