Homeschool Musings of a Charlotte Mason Mom

Welcome to my Homeschool Musings of a Charlotte Mason Mom

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Getting Fit Goals: Week 3

   I'm so excited!!! I just finished up week three of our Walking for Fitness program (Over at Jamie's blog it is week four, but I didn't count the week we went to the beach). My goals were met this week. Actually, I went over my goal this week, yea! My weekly goal of 1 1/2 to 2 pounds a week was met this week with 4 pounds. I did not intend on that happening, but it did so I am over joyed.
   Here's my weekly progress:
Week 3
   Walked 17 1/2 miles
   15 sit-ups, nightly
   A few arm rolls (Just while walking through the house)
   A few leg lifts (Occasionally, while laying on my bed at bed time)
   Beginning weight: 210 lbs.
   Last week's weight: 202 lbs.
   New weight: 198 lbs.

   Only two more pounds to go this month and I will be met my monthly goal. I have two weeks to meet that goal.
   Remember, I'm not eating diet food. I'm just cutting my portions of regular food. Here's some of the things I've eaten this week: collards, corn, meat loaf, corn bread, rice, bacon, beans, mashed potatoes, Indian taco brownie, salad, oatmeal, chips, cheese, tea and water.
   Those are some of the foods I've eaten, but just cut my portions to the normal serving size. I don't just take a spoon and dip me out a helping size. I get the measuring cup and get me the serving size that the package says. My plan seems to be working, so I'll continue on next week Lord's willing.



   Here's another picture from my daughter this week. We had gone to my mother-in-law's house and there's a track close by so we did our daily walking there for a change in scenery.
 
I'll be back next week with my weekly report. Until then, God bless you all.

4 comments:

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

How very encouraging! 17 miles of walking. Wow. That is wonderful. Congrats on meeting your goal. I am going to be so encouraged by your blog, I am sure!

Charlotte Mason in the City said...

I am impressed!! Keep on keepin' on!

Michelle said...

Wonderful!! You are an inspiration!! If it ever stops raining here, I'm going to start walking every night!

Autismland Penny said...

Yay you! You go girl!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...