Homeschool Musings of a Charlotte Mason Mom

Welcome to my Homeschool Musings of a Charlotte Mason Mom

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Working With Integers & Writing Compositions



     Today will be just a very short Wrap up of our week. We did a lot, but I have been busy so I don't have many picts this week.
     In math this week, we have continued on with working with integers. We found a couple of wonderful games on
Homeschool Math, Integer Football & Integers Jeopardy. We haven't gotten to multiplying & dividing integers until next week, but thanks to these games my children are already beginning to understand the rule for multiplying & dividing them. They have played these games quite a bit this week. Due to playing these games, our math hasn't been all book work this week. Who said math had to be a long drawn out subject? As long as the concepts are being taught and the children are having fun, I say, "Let's play the games, etc."
     As for our english this week, Sarah & Matthew have been working on their Composition they are having to write for their Literature book.



We are reading Where The Red Fern Grows and will be finishing it up next week. I didn't want them to have to write a complete composition all in one day so we are working on it a little bit along as we are doing our reading.
     We are just working on how to write a basic composition. They have to write me an introduction paragraph, three body paragraphs (Each telling about a different event in the book, Charlotte Mason's narration), & a concluding paragraph. After writing their composition they will proof read it & edit it for our grammar.



Here's a pic of them working on their composition.


     This about wraps up our week. If you would like to read how others wrapped up their week, drop on over to
Wierd Unsocialized blog and see who all has linked up with Kris sharing their week with us.
Everyone have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Autismland Penny said...

What a great idea for a compostion! I think I will steal it for the end of our upcoming end of book. THanks!

Michelle said...

Looks like a great week!! Hope you didn't get hit too hard from the storm!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Where the Red Fern Grows! My oldest just read it again! It's a GREAT story! We'll be working on composition this year too. (I'm a little nervous! LOL) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...