Homeschool Musings of a Charlotte Mason Mom

Welcome to my Homeschool Musings of a Charlotte Mason Mom

Monday, November 28, 2011

Getting The House Ready For Christmas

    We will have very little schooling today, if any. We are going to focus on getting our Christmas tree put up & our house decorated . We'll put our Christmas music on & have a day of enjoying each other as we pull things together. It's cold out so probably due for a game night afterwards. Making memories with my children is my goal. When they are older I want them to look back & remember the great times we had as a family in our home life. I pray the things I do with my children will inspire them to build a good relationship with their children, should the Lord choose to bless them with any.
    Here's a pic of my Thanksgiving cactus. This is the first year I have ever gotten it to bloom on Thanksgiving day, yea!


     This poor flower has been put through it. It should be much bigger, beings I have had it for about 7 years, but for some reason when my children were smaller they thought it to be a great idea to pull it up a few times a year. Thank goodness we are passed that stage & it can have a freedom to grow now, he he he. Of course, if I would show it a bit more attention it would probably help matters also.
    Well, better get to my task for the day. The tree won't jump out of the box & decorate itself. Happy Home Schooling!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

oh Sounds like a wonderful day!! It only took us an hour to decorate this year. Our tree is super tiny, only 4 ft (which is really small for us). We still had a good time doing it. Enjoy your day!

Blossom Barden (NorthLaurel) said...

Lovely cactus! I thought it was called a Christmas cactus?? But yours bloomed at Thanksgiving- that is wonderful! I had one for many many years and it never bloomed once. :( I am not very good with plants lol.

Mama Bird said...

I saw you visited my blog and was wondering my location ( it's not in my profile) I am in the far north. We love cactus mainly because we do not have them up here. My son has had one in his window for 3 years though.

Jennifer@Mommy Y said...

Good for you and your Thanksgiving cactus! It's hard to grow anything with kids around. We're struggling with getting our tree up this week too. Today is day 3 at attempting to decorate it... we need to clear a day for it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...