Homeschool Musings of a Charlotte Mason Mom

Welcome to my Homeschool Musings of a Charlotte Mason Mom

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Books I Read Over The Summer



     I took some time this summer to just do some pleasure reading. I enjoyed it tremendously. I love to curl up, walk around and listen, etc. and enjoy a great book. Especially, great books that take place during the pioneer days. I also like them if they have a hint of romance in them.
     This summer I read some books from a new author, or at least one that I had not heard of until I ran across her name on a fellow bloggers site. Her name was Grace Livingston Hill. So far, I have enjoyed every one of her books that I read. Here's the books that she wrote that I have read:

The Man of the Desert
In Tune With Wedding Bells
Bright Arrows
Marigold

     The other author I have been reading from this summer is Laura Ingalls Wilder. Yep, I've been reading the Little House books. I just love these books.

Little House in the Big Woods
Little House on the Prairie
On the Banks of Plum Creek
Farmer Boy
By the Shores of Silver lake
The Long Winter
Little Town on the Prairie
These Happy Golden Years
The First Four Years

     I have also been reading a Steve & Terry Maxwell book;

Keeping Your Child's Heart

     My, what a book. I'm not finished with it, but the content in the book has such godly wisdom. I definitely would recommend this book to parents that want to shepherd their child towards God and have a close relationship with them.
     I would say, "My summer has been filled with some fabulous books." If any of my readers have any great selections that you would like to suggest, my ears are open, thanks.

2 comments:

Beloved's Redheaded Bride said...

It does sound like you have had a great time cuddling up with a good book. GLH is a favorite of mine. I love her homemaking quotes and her way of bring the gospel into the daily life of her characters.

I need to read more "little House" books. I have them all but we have only read through 2.

I haven't heard of that third book but I am going to go google it! Thanks.

Charlotte Mason in the City said...

I LOVED Laura Ingalls Wilder books when I was a girl. And when I read them again as an adult, I loved them even more. I read aloud The Long Winter to the family a few years ago and my husband listened in. Reading that book as an adult made the story all the more moving to me. But I think my all-time favorite story is when Mr. Edwards arrives at Christmas with the cups and candy for the girls.

I've been curious about the Maxwells' book...I might have to look into that one.

I like reading your list...it's prompting me to open a book tonight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...