Homeschool Musings of a Charlotte Mason Mom

Welcome to my Homeschool Musings of a Charlotte Mason Mom

Monday, October 25, 2010

Our House

     Our house has a new look. We did some deep cleaning last week. It looks so good now. I have been enjoying the wonderful feeling of the neatness. I don't know how to explain it, just the joy of knowing that we did do the deep cleaning makes everything feel so refreshing. Maybe it's all in my head. What ever it is, I have been so much more relaxed.
     We scrubbed base boards, closets, some walls, cabnets, etc. How nice it feels.
     Needless to say, schooling was slow, other than home management skills. We did an occasional math lesson or some reading, but our main focus was our house. Just one more room to go and the entire house will be decluttered. I'm so excited! This has been a goal that I have desired for a while and it is finally coming to pass, thanks be to God. I have wanted my home to be in the place to where we could spend about 30 minutes or maybe an hour in the morning and we are totally clean again. Then we can focus on our schooling without having to wonder how we are going to fit it all in the day.
     In the midst of this cleaning, we have also just about logged all of our books on the computer and shelved them so that our home library is taking shape. We now will know what we have to work with and what we don't have. Oh, how great things are looking. Did I say how excited I am, oh, I did didn't I. I just can't help myself. I am bubbling over.
     I suppose I had better let this joy bubble over some more later before this post becomes extremely long. I'll give more updates later. Hope everyone has been having a wonderful time homeschooling your children. Let's count our blessings again for that freedom, praise God. Happy homeschooling, Traci

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Traci! thanks for popping in!! I think we are secret homeschooling sisters. I've been trying to declutter too. Its been difficult with my own college classes, but today, I managed to clean out the closet in the living room and arrange the craft supplies. The girls like to do crafts, but really couldn't get into the supplies without tearing everything about. I need to clean out the junk drawers in the kitchen and work on baseboards and walls. The girls' room is a disaster and I plan on really getting rid of alot of things in there.
Have a wonderful homeschooling week!

Esther said...

Hello, I have been blessed by reading some of your blog posts before. I thought you may be interested in a Christmas guidebook that I am offering for just .99 cents:

http://celebratechristmasguide.com/

Here is a video ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEbkggMRllo

and a fb page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Celebrate-Christmas-Guide/147336585312239

and lastly a blog where I am currently offering a giveaway of some Advent resources: http://celebratechristmasguide.blogspot.com/2010/11/advent-giveaway.html The contest is through this Saturday.

Thanks for looking! Blessings to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...