Homeschool Musings of a Charlotte Mason Mom

Welcome to my Homeschool Musings of a Charlotte Mason Mom

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Season of Busyness

    This time of the year is so busy, family celebrations, church gathering activities, etc. I promised myself I was going to keep up my blog though. So here is another brief update on our happenings.
     Last week we had program practice getting ready for our Christmas program at church, which was this morning. My children and I were in the program. It turned out great. Sorry to say I did not get any pics.
     tomorrow we have to finish wrapping our gifts. With all that is going on I am tremendously behind on wrapping gifts. As a matter of fact, I don't have not one gift under my tree yet. I've got to get busy. I have wrapped some other gifts that we put under my M-I-L's tree, but not any for mine.
     This coming Friday will begin our Christmas celebrations with our family. I'm excited! My mom has a family gathering with her brothers/sister/their children(her nieces & nephews/and all the great nieces and nephews, about 73 in all. We have chili and shrimp gumbo as the main feast and everyone else brings their favorite dish/Christmas candy. Everyone looks forward to this event. We all get excited, but this one event makes my mom's year. She likes having the entire family together. I have a cousin that has already let us know that her family is not going to get to come in for Christmas (husband is in the military stationed in Kansas) so I know for weeks we will here how she wished Abbie & her family could have been there. It just wasn't right without everyone. If one member misses the event my mom says it just wasn't Christmas. I know that is only because we have always had a very close family and I am so thankful for that. We may not see each other much during the year, but that night you would not be able to tell it. Everyone carry's on as if we were around each other all the time.
     Friday night is just the beginning of our weekend. Saturday will be with another family get together with my great aunt, Sunday will be Christmas with the church, caroling afterwards to our Sr. citizens and the shut-in, Monday morning breakfast at my moms, and Tuesday dinner at my M-I-L's. Busy, busy, busy!
     Hope all of you have some great plans lined up. More later. Happy Homeschooling!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I am also looking forward to all the great Christmas gatherings that for us will start on Saturday. Have a wonderful Christmas.
Blessings
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...